Have You Been a Victim of Cheating? Quotes That Can Help You Heal And Move Past It
Updated March 12, 2020
Reviewer Laura Angers
Being cheated on is a terrible thing to happen. No matter what the surrounding circumstances are around it, being cheated on can have lasting effects on you as well. It can deter you from wanting to be in a relationship, open yourself up to someone, and trust again. It can also cause tensions in your future relationships because you may not trust the person you're with. Habits, like wanting to check someone's text messages or always know where they are, can develop and cause stress between you and your partner.
Infidelity, unfortunately, is not an uncommon thing to happen. While 90% of people consider cheating unacceptable, it continues to happen in all kinds of relationships. Whether you choose to stay in the relationship or it ends after the unearthing of infidelity, it is still important that you, as an individual learn to heal and begin to move forward. Know that seeking help through therapy is always a good option, and you can click here to begin that process. And if you need just a slight pick me up, we have gathered quotes that can help you heal. While many of these wise words are from unknown sources, they can still provide comfort at a difficult time:
- Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.
- Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming, but we can choose which ones to surf. -Jonatan Mårtensson
- Life is about trusting your feelings and taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past, and realizing people change. -AtulPurohit
- Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever repair.
- Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.
- On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%, and that's pretty good.
- Always trust your gut. It knows what your head hasn't yet figured out.
- You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
- Pain is certain; Suffering is optional.
- Trusting you is my decision. Proving me right is your choice.
- Infidelity is mentally, emotionally, and physically painful to the betrayed spouse. Be gentle with yourself as you heal. -Dr. Karen Finn
- Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them.
- Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge. - Don Henley
- Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.
- The wine is not to blame, but you are in being unable or unwilling to discipline yourself. And even if you look at a woman and become caught up in her beauty and assent to sin, the woman is not to blame. Nothing constrains you to commit lechery but your own lecherous heart.
- Sometimes, we have to, like wanting to check someone's text messages or always know where they are, down so that we can be rebuilt into what we're meant to be.
- Cheating on a good person is like throwing away a diamond and picking up a rock.
- Forget enough to get over it. Remember enough, so it doesn't happen again.
- It's okay to cry over him/her. It's even okay to forgive him/her. But do not go back to him/her. If they did not know how to love you the first time, they wouldn't know how to do it the next."
- Falling is part of life. Getting back up is living.
- You didn't just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn't just break my heart; you broke our future. - Steve Maraboli
- Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed, and rare. - Brené Brown
- They didn't cheat because of who you are. They chose to cheat because of who they are not. - Charles J. Orlando
- Virtually all women will always carry the scars and a deep sense of loss and grief from the betrayal. Time is the salve on this journey towards forgiveness and healing because it is also a process of grieving. - Meryn G. Callander
- Someone who loves you wouldn't put themselves in a position to lose you. - Trent Shelton
- Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.
- If you cheated on a person that was willing to do anything for you, you cheated yourself out of true loyalty.
- A confident and spiritual woman knows that "moving on" doesn't mean you never loved someone. She realizes that letting go is what God needs her to do because both your happiness and hers requires taking different journeys for spiritual growth. - Shannon L. Alder
- Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them; don't deserve them. It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship by cheating on him or her. - Ellen J. Barrier
- Seriously, if the bastards cheat on you, then they don't deserve you anyway. If that's a legit fear, then you probably shouldn't be with them, to begin with. - Kody Keplinger
- We met, we talked, we liked, we texted, we dated, we committed, I loved, you cheated, we're done, you're deleted.
- Don't cheat if you don't want to be cheated. A relationship is mutual. This is the golden rule for all great connections! - IsraelmoreAyivor
- The more people rationalize cheating, the more it becomes a culture of dishonesty. And that can become a vicious, downward cycle. Because suddenly, if everyone else is cheating, you feel a need to cheat, too. - Stephen Covey
- Every woman that finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change. - Shannon L. Alder
- Betrayal is never easy to handle, and there is no right way to accept it. - Christine Feehan
- If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind. - Shannon L. Alder
- Every test in our life makes us bitter or better. Every problem comes to break us or make us. The choice is ours whether we become victim or victor.
- When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true. - Cheryl Hughes
- Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime. - J.E.B. Spredemann
- Don't get mad. Don't get even. Do better. Much better. Rise above. Become so engulfed in your success that you forget it ever happened.
- You asked why I couldn't forgive you; it was because you were the love of my life. And you didn't want to be. That's hard to let go. - Kristan Higgins
- A real man doesn't have time to cheat because that man is too busy providing all of which a good woman deserves. - RituGhatourey
- People have a moral standard about what they will do and will not do. At the end of the day, someone who cheats has a lower moral standard than someone who does not. And they will cheat in other areas of life as well. - Carl Lewis
- There is no way someone can love you and lie to you over and over again. You don't hurt the people you love.
- It is our wounds that create in us a desire to reach for miracles. The fulfillment of such miracles depends on whether we let our wounds pull us down or lift us towards our dreams. -Jocelyn Soriano
- Disappointments in love, even betrayals, and losses, serve the soul at the very moment they seem in life to be tragedies. The soul is partly in time and partly in eternity. We might remember the part that resides in eternity when we feel despair over the part that is in life. - Thomas Moore
- Life is about trusting your feelings and taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past, and realizing people change. - AtulPurohit
- Let's hope that for every time that we get hurt or break our heart, there is something somewhere being written to make up for it, to make the happiness due even bigger and laughter even merrier, for after all good things must happen to good people. - Mansi Soni
- Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It's what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don't let them take that from you. - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Being cheated on is a terrible thing that happens to so many people. But it does not mean that your life is over or that you will never love, trust, or open yourself up to anyone again. People can heal and form relationships out of that healing. No matter what happens after the discovery of infidelity, believe in your strength and lean on others to help carry you on. And if you need it, keep some of these quotes nearby.