Frequently asked questions
While it is a priority to provide you with a match that best suits you both, sometimes therapists just aren't the right fit; if this is the case, you can request to be matched to a different therapist at any time.
Regain is not the right solution for you if any of the following is true:
- You are a minor or you are under the care of a legal guardian.
- You are in an urgent crisis or an emergency situation.
- You were required to undergo therapy either by a court order or by any other authority.
- You are in a physically abusive relationship, or are concerned for your safety in the relationship.
- You do not have a device that can connect to the internet or you do not have a reliable internet connection.
If you're on a desktop browser, you can enable accessibility preferences here. For mobile users, we recommend using your device's native accessibility features. Instructions for iPhone can be found here, and for Android can be found here.
Additionally, you may see this FAQ reference "partners," but the term isn't exclusive. You can interpret "partner" as the person you're attending therapy with. If you feel you can benefit from relationship therapy, we encourage you to signup for Regain.
Generally, the therapist will keep what you tell them confidential, but there are limited exceptions. For example, if you threaten grave harm to yourself or to an identifiable victim the therapist is required to report this information to relevant authorities. Before starting therapy, please discuss with your therapist their legal obligations to confidentiality if you have any concerns or questions.
- We have built state-of-the-art technology, operations, and infrastructure with the goal of protecting your privacy and safeguarding the information you provide.
- You can always select the "Delete message" button to remove messages that you've sent to your therapist.
- All the messages between you and your therapist are secured and encrypted by banking-grade 256-bit encryption.
- Our servers are distributed across multiple Tier 4- AWS Data Centers for optimal security and protection.
- Our Platform is HITRUST Risk-based, 2-year (r2) Certified.
- Our browsing encryption system (SSL) follows modern best practices.
- Our databases are encrypted and scrambled so they essentially become useless in the unlikely event that they are stolen or compromised.
- We don't work with any insurance companies so nothing needs to be shared, reported or filed with them.
Video session - have a face-to-face chat with your therapist.
Phone session - conveniently speak with your therapist on the phone.
Live chat - get therapy through real-time text chat with your therapist.
To attend a live session, you must first select a timeslot and schedule a live session with your therapist. After selecting a time and session type, log in to your account at the scheduled time. If joining a video session, you can select "Join Video Room" and wait in the video room until your therapist joins. For phone and live chat sessions, log in at the scheduled time and your therapist will prompt you to join the session.
For phone sessions that include both you and your partner, we recommend you to use your mobile phone as it's easiest to add your partner using the conference call functionality.
To cancel your membership when using a computer, log in to the platform, select the upper-right hand menu and go to "Account settings." From there, go to "Payment settings" and select "Change membership / cancel membership."
When using a smartphone, cancel your membership by selecting the "More" tab on the bottom right, select "Payment settings," and lastly select "Change membership / cancel membership."
If you'd prefer to invite them later on, you can invite them in your account settings. Select "Your partner" and then select "Invite partner." You'll be asked to enter your partner's email and phone number, and they'll receive an invite link that's specific to your account. Once they've signed up, you can begin therapy together.