45 Inspirational Dad Quotes About Parenting
Parenting is extremely hard, but it is also immensely rewarding. Dads are often the butt of the joke when it comes to parenting humor. In reality, many dads are inspiring, hard-working, and loving parents that deserve more than a joke at their expense. Whether you are looking for the perfect quote to add to your next Father's Day card, are seeking something to aim up how you feel about being a father, or find motivation in an inspirational quote, the following 45 quotes are sure to provide what you need.
If you're the mom looking to inspire your parenting partner into being a more active dad, a quote might help in a small way. However, counseling can help you and your partner to find a balance in co-parenting that will not only help you as a parent but will help to improve your relationship as well. Inspirational parenting quotes can be a good tool to motivate your partner to seek professional assistance.
Quotes About Fatherhood
- "No man can know what life means, what the world means, until he has a child and loves it. And then the whole universe changes, and nothing will ever again seem exactly as it seemed before."
- L. Hearn
- "The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirationshe sets not only for himself but for his family."
- Reed Markham
- "Being a father means you have to think fast on your feet. You must be judicious, wise, brave, tender, and willing to put on a frilly hat and sit down to a pretend tea party."
- Matthew Buckley, Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession
- "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society."
- Billy Graham
- "Being a father is the most important role I will ever play, and if I don't do this well, no other thing I do really matters."
- Michael Josephson
- "I encourage all fathers to focus on the intangibles because those are the gifts that make the difference."
- Asha Patrick, introduction to the book Fatherhood
- "Part of being a successful father is taking extreme care of our children. The other part of that equation is that we must also take extreme care of their mother."
- Nate Dallas, Hacking Fatherhood: Preparing for Success in the Biggest Role of Your Life
- "You don't raise heroes; you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes."
- Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
- "Fatherly love is the act of giving your life for the sake of someone else's needs."
- Nate Dallas, Hacking Fatherhood: Preparing for Success in the Biggest Role of Your Life
- "It is much easier to become a father than to be one."
- Kent Nerburn
- "…the most precious things a father can provide are time, attention, and love."
- Tim Russert, Wisdom of Our Fathers: Lessons and Letters from Daughters and Sons
- "The best way of training the young is to train yourself at the same time; not to admonish them, but to be never seen doing that of which you would admonish them."
- "Being a father, being a friend, those are the things that make me feel successful."
- William Hurt
- "Before I got married, I had six theories about raising children; now, I have six children and no theories."
- John Wilmot
- "One of the greatest things a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
- Howard W. Hunter
- "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
- "Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you." - Robert Fulghum
- "Being a father truly is a blessing and a role not to be taken for granted."
- Derek Polen, Next Level Dad: Bringing Faith and Fun to Fatherhood
- "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."
- Frederick Douglass
- "Each day of our lives, we make deposits in the memory banks of our children."
- Charles R. Swindoll
- "That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all and the enemy of all."
- J. August Strindberg
- "The guys who fear becoming fathers don't understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the man. The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent."
- Frank Pittman
- "A boy needs a father to show him how to be in the world. He needs to be given swagger, taught how to read a map so that he can recognize the roads that lead to life and the paths that lead to death, how to know what love requires, and where to find steel in the heart when life makes demands on us that are greater than we think we can endure."
- Ian Morgan Cron
- "Father! To God Himself, we cannot give a holier name."
- William Wordsworth
- "Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you; they are understating it."
- Mike Myers
- "A father should present the fundamental qualities of leadership, responsibility, and accountability, as well as the capabilities of planning, disciplining, and loving. Fathering is a full-time job."
- Myles Munroe, The Fatherhood Principle: God's Design and Destiny for Every Man
- "Children need models rather than critics."
- Joseph Joubert
- "Becoming a father increases your capacity for love and your level of patience. It opens up another door in a person - a door which you may not even have known was there. That's what I feel with my son. There's suddenly another level of love that expands. My son is my greatest joy out of everything in my life."
- Kyle MacLachlan
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person. He believed in me."
- Jim Valvano
- "When my son looks up at me and breaks into his wonderful toothless smile, my eyes fill up, and I know that having him is the best thing I will ever do."
- Dan Greenberg
- "Every father should remember one day his son will follow his example, not his advice." - Charles Kettering
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman, he turns her back again."
- Enid Bagnold
- "Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them."
- Bill Ayers
- "My father didn't tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it."
- Clarence Budington Kelland
- "A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be."
- Frank A. Clark
- "There is no job more important than parenting. This I believe."
- Ben Carson
- "Every dad, if he takes time out of his busy life to reflect upon his fatherhood, can learn ways to become an even better dad."
- Jack Baker
- "A successful father is not more successful than his children."
- Raheel Farooq
- "A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men."
- Gregory E. Lang
- "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong."
- Charles Wadsworth
- "A child looks up at the stars and wonders. Great fathers put a child on his shoulders and help them to grab a star."
- Reed Markham
- "But there's no substitute for a full-time dad. Dads who are fully engaged with their kids overwhelmingly tend to produce children who believe in themselves and live full lives."
- Tony Dungy
- "A dad is someone who wants to catch you before you fall but instead picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again."
- "As fathers, we look to the dads a few stages ahead of us as we equip ourselves to be the parents our children need on any given day."
- Matt Schneider
- "Being a father is about adaptation and about making the most of the opportunities that are given to you."
- Colin Adams, Parenting for New Dads
How Quotes Can Inspire
Why are quotes so inspirational or motivational? After reading the 45 quotes above, there is a good chance that you feel ready to up your dad game. Maybe you feel the need to be with your kids more or to be a better example. There is a science involved with quotes and the level at which they inspire.
The simplest explanation is that people were designed to have aspirations. Coupled with the power of words expressed in a way that makes a person feel, quotes power motivation. Take that motivation into your parenting style and help your own children grow into successful individuals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How would you describe a good father?
A good father can greatly impact his children’s lives. A good father is one that consistently shows unconditional love, support, trust and openly communicates. A good father sets a good example and is a positive role model. He will be understanding and compassionate. A good father will always be there for his kids and listens to them.
How can I express my love to my dad?
Sometimes a father may feel dads are most ordinary, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Fathers are so important to a child’s development. There are many ways to express your love to your dad. Father’s Day or Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your love, but you can express it in any way. Consider making a homemade Father’s day card and include Father’s Day quotes to make him feel appreciated. Consider the five languages of love as different ways to express your love to your dad.
Words of Affirmation: Express your love for your dad in words. Tell him how much you appreciate him in your life.
Physical Touch: Give your dad a big hug to express how much you care for him.
Acts of Service: Show your dad you care and that you listen and appreciate him by doing that chore he’s been asking you to do.
Quality Time: Hang out with your dad and do an activity he enjoys with him. If he likes fishing, go fishing with him. If he likes sports, go to a game or watch one on TV and spend time together.
Gift Giving: For Father’s Day, you can give your dad a Father’s Day card to express your love.
How does being a father change you?
It can be very rewarding to be a father, but it takes effort. Being a father is challenging at times. Some fathers may realize they are turning into their fathers. Regardless, being a father will definitely change you, usually for the better. Many new dads notice they are more patient and take fewer risks. Before children come, we tend to look inward as we are only responsible for ourselves. Fathers begin to be more nurturing and emotional. Men’s overall well-being is improved when they have a healthy family.
What do you say for Father’s Day?
Father’s Day is a very special day for dads. Tell your father you love him by making him a Father’s Day card or possibly Father’s Day gifts if you can afford one. This will make him feel loved and appreciated. Being a father can be challenging, so it’s important to show your father you value him. Your father gave you life, love, and support. Please choose from one of the motivational quotes in the article above and write it on a Father’s Day card. This is the one day that’s his day, so make him feel important.
What should a father do for his child?
Fathers and sons can have a very special bond. Some fathers may realize they are turning into their fathers. Maybe your father was the earthly type, and you end up being just like him. One father may not have had the best relationship with his father. Possibly his father didn’t show he cared enough or was absent a lot. As a new father, it’s possible to break that cycle and show your children you deeply care for them and will always be there to support them. In an absence, if a child expresses she missed her daddy, a father should embrace his child and let her know he’s there for her. As a father figure, a child will look to you for guidance and support. It’s important to be a positive force in their lives and provide a stable, loving environment to grow up where they feel safe and loved.
What makes a father happy?
Why father is important in our life?
Why is my father inspirational?
What is the most important thing for a father?
What makes a strong father?
- Previous Article
- Next Article