Wedding Anniversary Quotes To Make Any Heart Melt
Wedding anniversaries are significant milestones. You might be wondering what you can say for the occasion that’s a bit more creative than “happy anniversary.” Here are some of the best wedding anniversary quotes to let your spouse know just how much they mean to you.
25th Wedding Anniversary Quotes
The 25th wedding anniversary, also known as the Jubilee or Silver wedding anniversary, is an important milestone for many couples. Spending a quarter of a century together is something to celebrate! Here is a selection of suitable quotes for congratulations on the day.
- In theory, marriages are made in heaven, but for all intents and purposes, a twenty-five-year-long marriage is made by the tireless efforts of a uniquely strong couple.
- Congratulations on discovering the most sought-after secret: the secret to a happy marriage.
- Falling in love takes but a moment, but it takes a lifetime to prove that love is forever.
- May the next 25 years be as successful and filled with love as the first 25 years were.
- Your marriage is like a bespoke vintage wine; it gets better with age.
- Love and romance in novels don't tell of the hard work a long, good marriage takes. Thank you for all the work you put into ours.
- Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. - Robert Browning
- I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then. - Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
- I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together. - Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. Thank you for still being my best friend like that. - Elbert Hubbard (Adapted)
- The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give you for the next 25 years and longer. - Nicholas Sparks (Adapted)
- They didn't agree on much. In fact, they didn't agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other. - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- When love is not madness, it is not love. - Pedro Calderón de la Barca
- The idea, you know, is that the sentimental person thinks things will last while the romantic person has a desperate confidence that they won't. Thank you for turning me from a romantic to a sentimental person. - F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise (Adapted)
- I wonder how many people don't get the one they want but end up with the one they're supposed to be with. - Fannie Flagg, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
50th Wedding Anniversary Quotes
Not many couples make it to their Golden Anniversary or 50th wedding anniversary. Here are some touching happy anniversary quotes for celebrating this special day.
- It isn't possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal. - E.M. Forster, A Room with a View
- Romance is the glamor which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. Thank you for keeping our romance alive. - Elinor Glyn (Adapted)
- You claim a special place in my heart, one I'll carry with me forever and that no one can ever replace. - Nicholas Sparks, Dear John (Adapted)
- The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true. Your aim was impeccable 50 years ago. - Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows (Adapted)
- It's nonsense to think of friendship and romance as being different. They're not. They're just variations of the same love. Variations of the same desire to be close. - Rachel Cohn, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List (Adapted)
- Yes, I decided, one can truly change. Time has taught me much about myself and a few universal truths. I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it's often much more difficult to heal them. Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life, leading me to believe that while I've often overestimated what I could accomplish in a day, I had underestimated what I could do in a year. But most of all, I learned that it's possible for two people to fall in love over and over again, no matter how many disappointments are between them. - Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding (Adapted)
Happy Wedding Anniversary Quotes
Here are some perfect anniversary quotes to remember your special day, whether you’ve been married for one year or eighty.
- Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the year - Simone Signoret
- Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply. - Zane Grey
- May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. - Robert A. Heinlein
- We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. - W. Somerset Maugham
- There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage. - Martin Luther
- Let the wife make the husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave. - Martin Luther
- Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. - William O. Douglas
- More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse. - Doug Larson
- May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise. - Rumi
- When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.
- F Nietzsche
Funny Wedding Anniversary Quotes
Having a sense of humor is a spectacular trait that will help you in your marriage and life. You can make light of difficult situations and make the good times even better. Here are some funny quotes to help celebrate your anniversary.
- A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. - Paul Sweeney
- Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music, and dancing. She goes Tuesdays; I go Fridays. - Henny Youngman
- I've been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me. - Henny Youngman
- Married people from my generation are like an endangered species! - Patrice Leconte
- My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me. - Winston Churchill
- By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates
- An ideal wife is any woman who has an ideal husband.- Booth Tarkington
Marriage and Couples Therapy
Marriage can be challenging, and making it through the first year can be just as hard as making it through 50 years. If you and your partner need help to work through relationship problems or want to strengthen your bond, marriage or couples therapy is a great option.
Many people feel they don’t have time to attend in-person sessions or find talking to someone face-to-face off-putting. If this sounds like you, consider online marriage or couples therapy. With online therapy, you and your partner attend sessions from home or anywhere you have an internet connection, making it easier to fit into your schedules. You don’t have to worry about a commute or being on a waiting list, and you can communicate with your therapist via online chat, text, phone, or email.
Research shows that couples consistently described feeling like they were able to connect with their therapist during online sessions, and they found the experience positive and beneficial. Sign-up with Regain to learn more.
Marriage anniversaries are something to celebrate, whether you’ve been married for a year or a decade. These quotes can help you find the words to tell your spouse how much they mean to you. If you have problems communicating in your marriage or need more help than finding the right quote, online therapy can help.
Do You Wish Someone A Happy Anniversary?
It is a kind gesture to wish people a happy anniversary on their special day. If someone mentions that they have an anniversary coming up, it is polite to acknowledge it, but keeping it casual and wishing them well is good enough.
On some occasions, though, you may wish to craft a special message or find a meaningful anniversary gift. For example, if you’re wishing your parents a happy anniversary, you may want to do something unique or special, especially for a milestone anniversary. You might consider getting them flowers or a special gift with a happy anniversary quote or note enclosed.
How Do I Write A Love Message To My Spouse?
If you want to craft a unique love message for your spouse, there are a few things to remember. First, think about the kind of person they are. Would they prefer something funny, or would something profound and romantic be a better fit? You likely know them better than anyone else, so choose something with a personal touch. For example, you can reference or recall a memory that the two of you have together in your message or write out the things you love about them. This will show that you put effort into making the love message special. If there’s a song you both like, a song you danced to at your wedding, or another song that depicts the love you feel, you can also quote the lyrics to add to the romance and thoughtful nature of the gesture. The same goes for a special book or movie. Anniversary wishes and quotes don’t have to be grandiose or over the top to be special if that’s not your or your partner’s personality. Sometimes, the most well-loved, expressive, and classic quotes are also the most simple.
- Previous Article
- Next Article