70 Cute Goodnight Texts To Send Your Sweetie Before Bed
Communication is an important facet of all relationships, especially romantic ones. They allow couples to express their thoughts and feelings to each other, joys, sadness, and fears. Words can bring people closer together, especially when you are sending a romantic text. Today, we have the internet, which allows us to connect with anyone worldwide in a matter of seconds, even an online therapist. While you can still do things like sending letters, the phone allows you to talk to people on the phone and text them at any time of the day. Checking your phone before bed is a common practice, as well as sending off any goodnight text before you fall asleep, especially to your significant other.
What are sweet things to say to your crush?
What is the best good night text?
What do you say in a good night text?
How do you say good night in a cute way?
How do I text my crush good night?
How do I tell him good night?
How do I say good night to make her smile?
Do guys like good night texts?
What do you text a guy at night?
How do you sext a guy good night?
There are many different ways to show someone that you love and care for them. You can give them gifts, you can hold their hand or do another kind of touch, or you can spend time with that person. You can also communicate to someone that you love them using words. Words of affirmation are even labeled one of the five love languages by Dr. Gary Chapman, a well-known marriage counselor. He states that “Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, ‘I love you,’ are important – hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. Kind, encouraging, and positive words are truly life-giving.”
Strong relationships are built on communication; sending good night or other sweet-worded texts to your sweetheart before bed is a way to do that. Sending goodnight texts to her or your partner expresses your love and thoughtfulness.
Goodnight messages are easy, simple, and genuine ways to show that you care, especially sending goodnight texts to send to someone you’re dating. Whether your partner’s highest love language is words of affirmation or not, goodnight messages are a way to leave a wonderful, positive impression on your loved one before you both go to sleep. Here are some of our favorite texts that you can type away before you go to sleep. Some of these are simple and sweet and straight to the point, for those with fewer words. Some are a little longer for those of us who like to type a little more. Chances are, there is something in here for everyone who is bothered about what cute texts to send to boyfriend and wants to find cute ways to say good night. Let’s start with fun conversation questions to have a final, good-night chat:
- If you were on a deserted island, what three items would you have with you?
- What is something interesting about you that you have not told me yet?
- What is a funny story that you have never told anyone?
- If there was a movie about your life, who would you want to play the part of you?
- If money did not matter, what would be your dream job?
- Where is somewhere that you have not been yet that you want to go?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- You can have dinner with anybody, dead or alive, who would it be?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What is the theme song of your life?
Sending a good night text or good night messages like this can be a fun way to stay up a little longer, learn a little more about your loved one, and chat just a little longer before bed. When it is time to drift off to sleep and say good night, here are a few cute things to send to your boyfriend to show you love them, you care, and to give everyone a happy feeling before bed:
- I wish I could fall asleep in your arms.
- Sweet dreams, my love/babe/darling/sweetheart.
- Good night, dear. I love you!
- Good night. Dream beautiful dreams tonight.
- Just texting to say I love you before bed. Sleep well.
- Dream sweet dreams, my love/darling/sweetheart.
- I just wanted to text to say good night and that I’m thinking of you.
- Good night, my love, parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say good night till it is tomorrow.
- I hope to see you in my dreams tonight.
- I’m listening to our song, thinking of you, and wishing you were here with me.
- I wish you were here, my darling/love/sweetheart.
- The stars look so beautiful tonight, but not nearly as beautiful as you.
- I can’t wait to see you again.
- You mean the world to me, my love.
- I had such a wonderful time with you today/tonight, especially when (insert favorite part of your time together here). I can’t wait till the next time that we get to see each other.
- You are my world.
- I wish I was falling asleep next to you tonight.
- I love the nighttime, but I would love it even more if you were here.
- Good night, beautiful/handsome.
- As I’m falling asleep and about to doze off, I want to tell you that I love you.
- Looking at the night sky and thinking of you before you go to bed.
- Nothing can change how much I love you.
- Good night, darling/my sweetheart/love. (You can insert any pet name here!)
- I love you more than anything else in the world, and I hope you have wonderful dreams/a wonderful night’s sleep.
- I wish I could hug you before I drift off to sleep and dreamland.
- All of the stars in the sky are not as bright as my love for you.
- You are in my heart tonight, tomorrow, and forever. Sweet dreams.
- I hope to dream about you tonight.
- All of my love, always.
- I miss you already.
- I am so happy that I am with you, and I have you in my life.
- You are the last thing I think of before I go to bed each night.
- There is no one I would rather be with than you right now.
- Thinking about you gives me such a strong sense of peace.
- You are the only person for me, and I love you so very much.
- I miss our conversations until the morning. The nights are empty without you! Sweetest dreams.
- Having you to talk to right before I go to bed brings me joy. Today was hectic, and I was thinking about you. Imagining you in my arms as I fall asleep. Dream sweet dreams, my love.
- I miss you every passing second that you are not around.
- Everything feels wonderful with you in my life and when you are around.
- My dreams are incomplete without you in them.
- At the end of the day, all I want is to see your face and your smile. It makes my day.
- I hope you had a wonderful day, my darling/my love/sweetheart, and that you have the sweetest dreams and a wonderful night.
- Even after spending the entire day with you, I can’t seem to get enough of you.
- You mean the world to me, and I can’t wait to see you again.
- I have you in my heart.
- Your smile makes my days and my nights so much better.
- Every day you give me more reasons to fall in love with you, and every day I fall even more in love with you.
- I could not fall asleep unless I told you how much I miss you. I love you, good night
- I wish we did not have to sleep apart.
- Hey, I love you. That is all.
- I don’t know what I would do without you.
- You’re the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing when I fall asleep.
- Missing you as I drift off to sleep.
- I am half asleep, but I want you to know how much you mean to me. good night.
- Good night, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite.
- I was about to fall asleep, and I thought about how much I love you.
- Good night, sweetheart/my love/darling. Sleep well. May all your dreams be sweet, beautiful, and happy. Remember how much I love you. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow.
- There are few people I feel comfortable with, and I’m so glad I have you as one of them.
- Every night I fall asleep with the happiest of thoughts because we are together.
These texts are great ways to say good night and end your evening wonderfully and sweetly. If you can’t find any here, feel free to use your favorite quotes from movies or lyrics from songs. Anything is possible, as long as it shows you care and thinks of them before you go to sleep.
Whether you are in a long-term relationship or just getting started, remember that communicating with your special someone is important. If you are ever having trouble communicating or with any other issues in your relationship, know that couples therapy is an option that will always be there for you. Click here to find out more about how therapy can help you and your relationship. The mental health providers at ReGain are licensed and ready to help you or you and your partner work through any relationship concerns you have.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you cutely say good night?
If you’re looking for a cute way to say good night, you can use one of the text ideas in the article above or try something simple yet sweet, along the lines of “Sweet dreams” or “Sleep well,” “Rest well.” Or, if you’re looking for a more overtly flirty way to send a cute good night message, you might consider flirty texts like, “I can’t wait to see you in my dreams tonight” or “I wish you were here laying with me.” Remember, the goal of a goodnight message is to make the other person feel remembered and cared for. So, the texts you send should focus on the things that make them feel comfortable and warm inside. Pick ways to say good night and cute good night texts that suit the stage and nuances of your relationship. When you pick cute ways to say good night or use good night quotes, you want to make sure they flow naturally between you and your partner. You might even add a gif or an emoji to make your good night text feel more personalized.
What do you say in a good night text?
The basic message of a good night text is straightforward, but its underlying meaning is a bit trickier to communicate. Of course, the main thing you should say in a good night text is “good night,” but you can also use a more flirty text if that’s your goal. For example, you might say, “I can’t wait to wake up and talk more tomorrow,” and leave the door open for further conversation.
The main goal of goodnight messages or a good night text is to let the other person know that you’re thinking of them, even as you’re winding down for the day and getting ready to sleep. The best goodnight messages will express this sweet feeling of being remembered and thought of. While there are infinite possibilities of good night messages to send, the best texts to send are heartfelt and honest.
If you send a good night text to your boyfriend and he doesn’t text back right away, it’s okay. When you say good night over text or send good night quotes via text, there is always the risk that someone will have fallen asleep. Likely, they will wake up the next day, read your sweet good night message, and start their day with a grin.
What can I say instead of a good night?
A good night text can go a long way in a relationship. If you’re looking for a sweet goodnight message to send to someone, you should consider your relationship with that person. If you have a close relationship, you might say something like, “Good night and sweet dreams! I know my dreams will be sweet because you’ll be there.” Or, if you don’t know them that well yet, you can stick to a simple, such as “Pleasant dreams” or “Sweet dreams,” or “sleep well.” This is a short and sweet way to wish them a good night without overstepping the relationship.
Some people in closer, more established relationships like to say something akin to “good night gorgeous” or “I love you and good night” as a good night message to make someone special before bed. good night, text messages like this are sure to leave your special someone smile. A romantic little good night note if you’re going to see someone the next day is, “good night, my love! I can’t wait to see you in the morning.”
Remember, a truly sweet goodnight message will be written with the recipient in mind. While good night messages are a great way to remind your crush you exist, make sure that the purpose and final goal of the message are to make them feel warm and fuzzy before they drift off to sleep!
What should I text my boyfriend at night?
When you’re thinking of texts to send your boyfriend at night, you have many different options. For example, if you’re looking to deepen the relationship, you might start by asking about his day and then delve a bit deeper into questions aimed at getting to know him better. No matter how long you’ve been together, keep asking questions. It’s a way to make sure that the relationship remains alive, fresh, and free of assumptions.
Or, especially if you’re in a long-distance relationship, you might want to send sexy text messages. These could go a bit deeper than just a cute good night text and delve into descriptions of sexy or intimate things you’d like to do together. This is another way to make the relationship deeper, even if you’re far apart. When you’re apart, you can also send a text along the lines of “sending you good night kisses” or “sending you soft kisses” to make your partner feel even just a little bit closer in proximity. Being far away from the one you love is hard, and the ability to say good night over text is a massive perk of living in this day and age.
Some people like funny good night messages, whereas others like flirty good night text or romantic texts. Often, people in relationships use a mix of different tones while texting, depending on the overall mood of the conversation and the details of the other person’s day. For example, if your partner is sad or had a rough day, a sweet text might be better than funny good night messages or a sexy one. The chances are that you know your partner more than most and that you’ll know what will make them feel the best and most loved.
How do you say I cutely love you?
There are countless ways to say I love you, and each way will be specific to the person you’re telling. The best way to tell a person that you love them is to tell them often and in a way that they appreciate. For example, you might send morning texts and sweet goodnight messages every day that says, “I love you.” Even though the words are simple, the frequency and the thought behind them show your partner that you really care about them. Or, you might send a song that you both like or a reference to a movie that you both love.
When it comes to texts to send to say “I love you,” the key factors are honesty and frequency. You can also express how you can’t wait to see them and talk to them more; according to plenty of relationship advice, this makes them feel valued and appreciated. A great text doesn’t have to be complicated or grandiose. In the end, the ultimate goal of the “I love you” text message is to make your partner feel loved and valued!
What are cute good morning texts?
The key to a cute morning text is to have questions ready to follow up and keep the conversation going. To write the best morning text, send something that your partner can truly interact with. You might start by comparing your crush or partner to the sunshine or the beauty of the sunrise. Or, you might tell them how much you’re looking forward to seeing them later in the day. Or, to show you care about them and their well-being, ask if they slept well last night. Here are a few other options to consider:
- “I hope you had a wonderful night’s sleep.”
- “Did you sleep well?”
- “Did you have any trouble falling asleep?
- “Good morning! I hope you had some lovely dreams.”
- Good morning! I hope you have a great day!”
Once you’re a bit closer, you can start the day by asking about any dreams they had the night before or what they plan to do during the day. However close you may be, you can always start with a sweet morning text that then snowballs into a conversation throughout the day!
How do you flirt over text?
Flirting over text is the subject of so much relationship advice because it is tricky to do sometimes. It can be not easy at first – especially in long-distance relationships – but over time, it gets easier and more natural as the relationship develops. To start flirting over text, you can try morning or goodnight messages. These are easy and natural ways to open up a conversation. However, just writing “good morning” is not enough! Be sure to have a couple of follow-up questions to ask so that you can keep the conversation rolling. The best morning texts always come with a question or two so that the conversation can continue into the day.
How do you say good night in a cute way over text?
If you are thinking about new ways to say good night or good night texts that are cute to send to your significant other, there are quite a few cute good night texts to consider. “Good night sweet dreams,” “good night pleasant dreams,” or “night sweet dreams,” and even “night darling” are pretty classic ways to say good night. If “good night sweet dreams” or “night sweet dreams” aren’t your style, though, there are plenty of other cute ways to say good night over text. For example, “dream of you tonight” can feel quite special, “night I love you” is pretty intimate, likewise “good night the love of my life” and “good night the little love of mine” are absolutely adorable. If you aren’t ready to say “good night the little love of mine” or “night sweet dreams love you” or even to drop the L bomb (love) quite yet, there are other cute ways to express the same sentiment. For example, “nighty night” and “night night” and “night baby” are sweet, and if you already use “nighty night” or “night,” try “good night, sleep tight,”or just “sleep tight,” or “sleep well.” Good night texts don’t have to be super complicated or heartfelt; if you’re saying good night, cute ways are endless.
How do I say good night to my crush?
Finding cute ways to say good night to your crush can feel more intimidating than finding cute ways to say good night to your boyfriend or girlfriend. You probably don’t want to say “good night the little love of mine” or “dream of you tonight” or “night I love you” or “good night the love of my life” quite yet. But you also don’t want to totally friendzone yourself by saying “good night friend” or say something silly like “angels sing thee to thy restful sleep.”
However, there are plenty of other ways to say good night that are sweet and casual. Saying “night night” or “nighty night” or “good night, sleep tight” are very lowkey ways to say good night. You can even use an emoji to make the text even more special. Some other options include “I hope you have a wonderful night’s sleep” or just a simple “sleep well.”
If you are thinking of how to say good night to your crush on the phone, there are cute good night ways to do so too. “Night sweet dreams” can be flirty and fun, just like “night cutie” or “talk to you tomorrow” can be a way to keep you in their thoughts. Cute ways to show you’re interested can be super simple, so don’t worry about things like “good night the little love button” or “good night the love I miss so much” or “dream of you tonight.” Please keep it simple, and their response can sometimes give you an idea of how they feel about you too. Good night texts can let you know how you both feel about the crush. Don’t expect anything like “good night the little love of mine” or “dream of you tonight” too early on; your crush will likely just be expecting something short and sweet. For that reason, “nighty night,” “night,” and “talk to you later” can all work both on the text and the phone.
What are the different ways to say I love you?
Some couples will have specific ways to say “I love you,” which are special to their individual relationships. Cute ways to say I love you can depend on how the other person likes to show affection. Saying “night I love you” is a pretty obvious way to say it, likewise “good night the love of mine” and “good night the little love of my life” are very clear. But there are other cute ways to say it too that are not specific to nighttime. For example, “you’re my favorite” or “you’re my son” and “I’m your moon” are heartfelt and cute. Cute good night texts do not have to be the only time you express your affection. There are ways to say good night in which you can say “I love you,” such as “good night the little love button” or “good night sweet girl” or “good night sweet prince” or “good night the love I cherish” or “night sweet dreams to my favorite person,” but good night, sweet dreams is not the only time you can show your love. “Nighty night, my darling” can suffice if it is nighttime, that said.
How do I tell my crush good night over text?
Saying “nighty night,” “night,” “night sleep tight,” and “night sweet dreams” are cute ways to say good night to your crush. Good night texts don’t have to be anything complicated. Solid good night texts are sweet and can be slightly flirty if wanted. Ways to say good night can also depend on what your crush said first or what you’re hoping they’ll say after. For instance, if your crush says “nighty night,” “night,” or “night sweet dreams,” you might want to say something similarly casual and cute. Good night. Cute ways can vary, but get a little creative if you feel comfortable. “Dream of you tonight” can be a bit bold, so if “dream of you tonight” isn’t your style, think of ways to say good night that is specific to you. Good night texts can be simple, solid good night texts can even include an inside joke, or good night texts can indicate that you want to chat in the future. Don’t worry about saying things like “good night the love of mine” or “good night the little love button” quite yet. “good night the love of mine” and “good night the little love button” are probably more appropriate when you’re more solidified in the relationship. Even some couples might not feel comfortable saying “good night the love of mine” or “good night the little love button” at first, so don’t feel pressured to think of something elaborate or deep quite yet.
Helpful resources for relationships & more in your inbox
For Additional Help & Support With Your Concerns
This website is owned and operated by BetterHelp, who receives all fees associated with the platform.
Get The Support You Need From One Of Our Therapists
This website is owned and operated by BetterHelp, who receives all fees associated with the platform.
- Can An Anxiety Chat Room Help Me With My Anxiety?
- Finding An Online Chat Alternative Built For Your Needs
- Could A Depression Chat Room Be Right For You?
- The Best Tips To Help You Talk To Strangers Online & Offline
- Terms & Conditions
- Cookie Settings
- © 2022 ReGain
If you are in a crisis or any other person may be in danger - don't use this site. These resources can provide you with immediate help.
To update your settings or opt out, go to ‘Cookie Settings’.