- Dr. April Brewer is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). She gained direct research, writing, and editorial experience while conducting dissertation research at Arizona State University, providing direct clinical care to a population diagnosed with either Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 or Type 2 and comorbid alcohol use in a medical setting.
- Dawn Brown is a Board Certified Nationally Certified Counselor who has been a counselor for 20 years. Her counseling work includes private practice (both face to face and online), psychiatric treatment programs to include inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs. She is particularly interested in researching, writing, and working with depression, anxiety and trauma patients.
- Learn more about Melissa Guarnaccia, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- Laura Angers has focused her work experience with individuals, families, and couples equally. She worked in a group home, in office settings and she has also provided in-home counseling during the past few years. Laura has experience working with survivors of trauma and abuse, individuals with depression, stress, and anxiety, as well as couples with relationship distress.
- Aaron Dutil has been professionally writing and editing for a number of years; covering a variety of mental health-related topics. Currently, he can be found answering questions related to mental health on both Quora and Twitter. Aaron has edited and ghostwritten many blog posts for various behavioral health websites and organizations throughout the years.
- Audrey Kelly is currently working as a Mental Health Therapist in private practice and for an intensive outpatient program, and has for several years, and is now expanding interests to include the expansion of a free online mental health resource with BetterHelp.com/advice and taking a serious interest in addressing stigmas associated with mental health.
- Lauren Fawley has provided direct services and clinical case management to adults with serious mental illness. She began practicing as an outpatient counselor in 2010 with an emphasis on general mental health and substance abuse issues. Lauren has worked with couples and families, including on family reunification and divorce.
- Kimberly has extensive writing experience with newsletters, research papers, cover letters and resumes, e-learnings, and training/public speaking presentations with an emphasis on the industry of mental health. Her therapeutic areas of specialty are couple relationship/marriage, teen issues, LGBTQ, and depression & anxiety. Kimberly maintains a small private practice, Counsel The Mind, LLC, providing traditional therapy and online therapy.
- Kayce is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor and a Licensed Addiction. Counselor in SC. She holds a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor credential in Kansas and a Licensed Professional Counselor credential in Georgia. She is Board-Certified counselor as recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors.
- Learn more about Julie Dodson, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- Nikki is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Colorado, working in the field of mental health and school counseling for over 24 years.
- Andrea has been practicing therapy for over a decade. Her professional career has included working with children, teens, adults and seniors. She began her career working in a dual diagnosis inpatient facility in Florida. After a few years she decided to switch to an outpatient setting. In addition to this work, she started her own private practice which has been thriving since 2016. She now focuses solely on providing online therapy. While Andrea always aims to tailor her therapeutic style to her client’s needs, she specializes in CBT and DBT skills.
- Learn more about Krista Klund, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- Learn more about Jerry Crimmins, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- Learn more about Bobbi Jo Stoner, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- Paige Henry is a licensed clinical social worker in Detroit, MI. She earned a Bachelor of Social Work degree from Eastern Michigan University in 2009. In 2010 she earn a Master of Social Work degree from the University of Michigan. Paige went on to earn a Juris Doctor degree in 2022 from Wayne State University. Paige is passionate about working to empowering individuals and communities to reach their goals.
- Learn more about Majesty Purvis, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- As a Clinical Reviewer, Arianna ensures that readers receive reliable information to meet their mental wellness needs. With her professional experience she has come to understand the human condition, the importance of overall wellness....
- Learn more about Elizabeth Erban, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
- Learn more about April Justice, and the rest of our editorial team who ensures our content is always accurate, compassionate, and up to date.
For Additional Help & Support With Your ConcernsThis website is owned and operated by BetterHelp, who receives all fees associated with the platform.