I appreciate the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Shana Latham. I specialize in helping persons manage co-occurring disorders, conflict resolution, systemic depression, situational depression and stress reduction. I have 16-year track record of success in helping clients and staff achieve a broad range of goals and objectives throughout my career as a License Professional Counselor. I take pride in my hands-on approach to therapy which has helped me gain trust and build partnerships with individuals. My style strongly emphasizes pleasantly working together through motivating conversations.
A summary of my valuable counseling skills and practices:
• Experience successfully navigating challenging families to build rapport.
• Over the past 10 years, clients with my guidance have built personal accountability which has resulted in consistent and positive client outcomes. Specialize in “15 Sessions to Family Happiness”
• As a Licensed Professional Counselor, with 16 years counseling persons through mental health, medical, trauma and substance use issues working with: adults, seniors, parents and youth, which has resulted in personal and professional growth. I have nurtured the skill of listening and preparing the family for change.
• I understand strategic goal setting and value its role in identifying each persons’ stakeholders in collaboration with a quality of life focus each encounter.
• BA Public Relations, Howard University and MA Counseling Psychology, University of the District of Columbia, Certified in Co-Occurring Disorders by DC Department of Behavioral Health 2013
In review of my profile, you note my education and experience. What it cannot illustrate, however, is the degree of dedication, resourcefulness and professionalism that I can offer. A personal conversation will enable us to discuss how I can support your happiness now and in the future.
- Stress, Anxiety
- Family conflicts
- Trauma and abuse
- Self esteem
I also have experience in Addictions, Relationship issues, Grief, Parenting issues, Anger management, Bipolar disorder, Coping with life changes, ADHD
LPC #PRC 13693 (Expires: 2020-12-01)
My wife and I are incredibly thankful for Shana. I admittedly was not particular enthusiastic about embarking on this path. I couldn't envision how a service such as this would be useful. Oh how wrong I was!
Week after week Shana displayed professional and patience. Her techniques engendered thoughtful conversation and insightful evaluation. We are extraordinarily grateful for our progress and enthusiastically encourage any couple seeking better communication to reach out to Shana.
Shana is a gifted counselor. She expertly applies her compassion and skills to help you in measurable ways. I highly recommend her.
Shana is the best. I have been at a very low in my life lately and she has opened my eyes tremendously! Thank you Shana
We love our sessions!
Since we started working with Shana we have seen marked improvement, especially around our communication. She has really helped us gain insight to each other’s needs and values.
Video sessions are awesome if you are nervous about going to a physical space, or that physical resource is not available to you. I was worried Video sessions wouldn’t be effective, but I actually like them. They are a great alternative!
Miss Shana's unbiased and exuberance attitude has made the transition pleasing.
I truly and respect the counselor that we chose to solve our differences.